Bisk helps people around the world by providing universities and businesses with everything online learners need to succeed and grow.
We look for energetic, adaptable, out-of-the-box thinkers who are passionate about improving the way the world learns.
As a member of our NetOps team, a Network Administrator is a technical resource responsible for maintaining all aspects of our network infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, and more. This position will work closely with the Network and Systems Engineering/Administration teams to support LAN and WAN communications for internal and external applications. In other words, you will make sure the rest of us can do our jobs and deliver learning experiences to our students!
What You’ll Do
- Support and maintain mixed vendor network, consisting of Cisco, Brocade, and others
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN/MAN infrastructure
- Assist in structured cabling needs, either direct or with vendor support
- Support all VPN services; to include provisioning, monitoring, and management of methods for remote users and site-to-site VPN connectivity for remote offices
- Provide detailed network documentation
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or at least 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- 3 years of directly related experience in network administration and support required
- Firm understanding of layer 2 switching, multi-layer switching, and layer 3 routing
- Demonstrated proficiency in STP/RSTP, OSPF, ACLs, and IP subnetting
- Strong troubleshooting background in networking and communications equipment
- Ability to deal with customers, end users, and team members at all levels in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize and dynamically re-task response and recovery actions as situations change
- Telecommunications experience (PSTN, TDM, VoIP) a plus
- Linux experience a plus
- Willingness to work extended and/or odd hours to resolve issues or implement projects transparently as needed
Awesome If You Have
- Cisco or Brocade certifications preferred