Director of Content Strategy
Bisk helps people around the world by providing universities and businesses with everything online learners need to succeed and grow.
We look for energetic, adaptable, out-of-the-box thinkers who are passionate about improving the way the world learns.
Bisk is looking for a Director of Content Strategy to join our team in Tampa, FL. You’ll lead a team of talented writers and search engine optimization professionals who thirst to grow our thought leadership and lead generation efforts. You’ll manage all forms of content development as well as the overall content strategy supporting our key partnerships and Bisk business development initiatives. This is a strategic-creative role responsible for creating content that reflects the rich, rapidly-evolving ambitions of our company, will need a deep understanding of technology, and a passion for telling compelling stories on the web.
This highly collaborative role interfaces heavily with internal team members, leadership and client contacts. You will act as the subject matter expert for all content strategy and marketing services strategic initiatives. You will provide bold and humble leadership to your team members and across the company.
What You'll Do
- Own the content strategy at Bisk across many company objectives to include lead generation/nurturing, search and web optimization, student retention, and thought leadership
- Collaborate with internal teams in developing content maps, quarterly plans, and optimization strategies across channels
- Launch, manage, optimize, and report on content campaigns
- Participate in new business proposals and annual budgeting
- Oversee digital content and web optimization teams, which includes hiring and training staff
- Contribute to thought leadership by blogging and participation in industry events
- Develop thought-leadership work for publication and/or business development
- Remain up-to-date on relevant news, best practices, and trends within the content marketing and technology ecosystem and share this knowledge within Bisk
- Partner with business analytics team members to define success metrics and evaluate business impact of content strategies and projects over time
- Identify processes for collecting and analyzing necessary data for tracking performance of content in market
- Build content team strategy expertise by mentoring junior team members and offering training in relevant methodologies, techniques and frameworks
- Proactively work to improve the process for team collaboration, training and mentorship
- Occasional travel
Who You Are
- 7+ years consulting, agency or client-side experience with at least 5+ years focused exclusively on content development
- At least 2 years in leadership and management roles
- Strong writer who can transform business goals into compelling web experiences that engage audiences and elicit specific behaviors
- Expertise setting appropriate KPIs for content impressions and clicks
- Experience with coordinated content publication/syndication across channels
- Experience with, or exposure to, multi-channel/multi-touch attribution models
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients; comfortable being able to quickly join the client leadership team and immediately add-value
- Adept in initiating, leading and managing change
- Knowledge of content management platforms(Kapostis a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and Optimizely preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office365•Salesforce experience a plus
- Marketo experience a plus
- Basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Interactive Marketing, or Advertising
- MBA/MS or other advanced degree preferred
Your Professional DNA includes these:
- Bold, humble, remarkable
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive, takes initiative
- Creative-thinker and problem-solver
- Knows how to be awesome
- Be Bold. We take action and focus on impact. We speak openly with candor and respect. We focus on results over process. We make smart decisions and execute effectively.
- Be Humble. We’re difficult to offend and quick to forgive. We work as a team. If the floor is dirty, we pick up a broom. We’re quick to admit mistakes and are egoless when searching for the best solutions.
- Be Remarkable. We are self-motivated, self-disciplined and self-aware. Going the extra mile isn’t a rarity, it’s standard practice. We create incredible products and deliver memorable experiences.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, Bisk partners with leading universities to offer online degrees and certificate programs to learners around the world. We’ve facilitated over one million enrollments for clients including Villanova, Notre Dame, Michigan State and University of Florida. We are passionate about education and defined by our mission to amplify potential. We are looking for people who share that passion and can help us shape the future of learningApply Online Apply via Email