Director – Data Services & Architecture
Bisk helps people around the world by providing universities and businesses with everything online learners need to succeed and grow.
We look for energetic, adaptable, out-of-the-box thinkers who are passionate about improving the way the world learns.
We are looking for an experienced Data Ninja to oversee the development and use of our data systems. You will discover efficient ways to organize, store, and analyze data.
This exceptional person can fully grasp the complexity of data management. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within. You will provide data and business intelligence that will transform the student learning experience.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver enterprise based data solutions by playing a key role in the management and successful delivery of capabilities as part of a larger enterprise data transformation effort
- Driving foundational capabilities to be leveraged by all other delivery teams who leverage the Informatica platform
- Skilled in enterprise solution design and delivery, cross functional team collaboration and driving delivery with available resources, management of development direct resources and coordinating many competing priorities
- Drive the development of an enterprise metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise data & information assets, including project data artifact
- Ensure compliance with established design, development, testing and documentation standards and practices applicable to the project/product/data and are current within the department
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree -or- Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in the support of application data products or enterprise data management
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple database teams
- Experience implementing enterprise database technologies and emerging data storage solutions to their specific best uses
- Strong technical knowledge of data management systems, data warehouse methodology, data quality, data modelling, data governance, analytics, and predictive modeling
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in ETL development, testing, integration, and monitoring with Informatica
- Demonstrated ability with Agile process management tools such as TFS or Jira Demonstrated ability with Agile process management tools such as TFS or Jira
- Strong technical knowledge of current data management trends
- Demonstrated ability to engage with business leadership including C-level executives and effectively translate needs into business solutions
- A people first leadership mentality and adept at balancing team development and execution of technical charters